Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Lake House

Today was Lake Day! Every Wednesday Lori and I go to the lake house in Wedowee, Alabama and make all those final decisions that HAVE to be made. Today was discussing toilets, granite, banisters and furniture. I promise it is exhausting spending someone elses money! Lori is doing great with all her decisions...I'm her sounding board and the one who also keeps her thinking about doing things different from their Kennesaw home. Hopefully, things will be buzzing with the activity of moving in towards the first of November. The entire family are planning to go there the 17Th of October to be together for what would have been Whitney's 26Th birthday.

We had such fun last year on her 25Th. Dinner at Houston's, then off to the Fox to see Wizard. That entire evening was a story in itself. The dinner was NOT up to standards (in my opinion) and then the four tickets I purchased well in advance for that night were PARKING tickets and NOT Fox Theatre tickets!!! Well, talk about feeling and looking DUMB. I certainly took the cake on that one. But, we got the last of the tickets available, sat in the worse seats and saw only about 75 percent of the play....but we just laughed and enjoyed the blunder. What else do you do?

Whitney had never been to the Fox and she was thrilled. We had a great time and makes for a wonderful memory. She knew my intentions were for her to have the best night ever and she said she did.

I just wish she could make memories with us at the Lake House.

But, I'm sure she's swimming in the River of Life and basking in a sun that never stops shinning. I think her Lake House is more awesome than we can imagine...don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment